Recent Community Posts
Hands Free Law takes effect on July 1st
What you can and cannot do while driving
House Bill 673, or “Hands Free Law”, will take effect on July 1st, 2018. This law prohibits drivers from having their phone in their hand or lap while driving.
Here is what you can and cannot do while driving.
- A driver cannot have a phone in their hand or use any part of their body to support their phone. Drivers can only use their phones to make or receive phone calls by using speakerphone, earpiece, wireless headphone, phone is connected to vehicle or an electronic watch. GPS navigation devices are allowed.
- Headsets and earpieces can only be worn for communication purposes and not for listening to music or other entertainment.
- A driver may not send or read any text-based communication unless using voice-based communication that automatically converts message to a written text or is being used for navigation or GPS
- A driver may not write, send or read any text messages, e-mails, social media or internet data content
- A driver may not watch a video unless it is for navigation.
- A driver may not record a video (continuously running dash cams are exempt)
- Music streaming apps can be used provided the driver activates and programs them when they are parked. Drivers cannot touch their phones to do anything to their music apps when they are on the road. Music streaming apps that include video also are not allowed since drivers cannot watch videos when on the road. Drivers can listen to and program music streaming apps that are connected to and controlled through their vehicle's radio.
Image by WSB-TV Atlanta Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wsbtv/photos/a.313326575694.184845.10505090694/10156945576325695/?type=3&theater)
SERVPRO Supports Early Childhood Literacy
SERVPRO of Decatur owner, Patti Brown, is a strong supporter of early childhood literacy. Serving as the Chairperson of the FERST Foundation, Henry County Chapter, she and the other volunteers have put hundreds of books in the hands of low-income children. She recently was interviewed by Shana Thornton with SCBTV. Watch the interview at https://vimeo.com/157312413.
Patti Brown Receives Donation for FERST Foundation of Henry County
Patti Brown of SERVPRO of Decatur received a donation for the FERST Foundation of Henry County from Scott Fillmore, Executive Director of Atlanta Speedway Charities. Learn more about the gift at https://vimeo.com/149964410.
SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Named to UGA's Bulldog 100 List for Third Time
UGA Alumni Association's Bulldog 100 Award
Congratulations to Danny and Patti Brown for being named in the UGA Bulldog 100 List. The University of Georgia's Bulldog 100, a program coordinated by the UGA Alumni Association, recognizes the 100 fastest-growing businesses owned or operated by UGA graduates. This is the third year the companies has earned this honor, first in 2010 and again in 2011.
SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties Sponsors Henry Has Talent
7th Annual Henry Has Talent Show winners
On February, 7, SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties had the privilege of sponsoring the winners of the 7th Annual Henry Has Talent show presented by the FERST Foundation of Henry County and Kiwanis International. Congratulations to this year's Henry Has Talent show winners: 1st place - Keeley Adkisson, 2nd place - Upstage Dance Center, 3rd place - Gym Tech Fusion
Danny and Patti Brown's SERVPRO Named to UGA's Bulldog 100 List
A huge shout out to our employees who helped us receive the honor of being named to the University of Georgia Alumni Association’s 2015 Bulldog 100 list! The rankings will be unveiled during the 2015 Bulldog 100 Celebration on February 7 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.