Commercial Water Damage and How to Deal with It
Time is money when it comes to water damage. Act fast, because the sooner you start mitigating the damage, the sooner you can get your business operations back and running.
Here are some tips to follow after a water damage:
- Immediately turn off the electricity.
- DO NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water (this is to avoid the risk of electric shock).
- Wash your hands right after touching or moving contaminated items.
- Have a plan to inform tenants of possible disruptions to their business.
Steps to take before professionals arrive:
- Find the source and attempt to stop the water leak.
- Mop up excess water.
- Inspect furniture and upholstery and remove any wet materials.
- Move art and other decorative pieces to a dry area to prevent further damage.
- Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Decatur and our highly trained water technicians will help you deal with the damage!